Part-Time Library Clerk
Olive Free Library in West Shokan, NY is searching for an energetic, positive, people-person for a part-time library clerk position.
General responsibilities to include:
- Perform circulation desk duties, including greeting patrons, checking in and out library materials, registering new patrons, and shelving books.
- Assist patrons with basic computer software.
- Assist with opening and closing duties.
- Establishing positive working relationships with coworkers, library users, and community organizations.
In addition to the above general responsibilities, the candidate will be responsible for assisting the Program Coordinator with running programs, helping with publicity, creating book displays and tracking programs. Graphic design knowledge and a creative mind is a plus!
Ability and Skills:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records.
- Ability to maintain high standards of library service.
- Ability to use computers, various software, online databases, handheld devices, copy machine, fax machine, printers, and scanner.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, approachable, and open-minded. A self-starter who is motivated to take on tasks and help with library functions as needed.
The hours include day and evening shifts, and every other Saturday, a total of 15-20 hours per week with possible additional hours. Priority is given to applicants residing in the Town of Olive. Starting salary $11.10 - $12.50 per hour based upon prior experience.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references (all in pdf form) to:
Chrissy L. Lawlor
Application deadline: Friday, May 31